Many of our schools are already adding incoming families to ParentSquare and have started engaging with them. We are truly happy to facilitate this new partnership that is an important milestone for schools and families alike.
Here's a sample post you can share with your own incoming kindergarten community.
Welcome to Lincoln Elementary: Getting Ready for Kindergarten
Welcome to Lincoln Elementary School! We are so pleased that you will be joining us for the coming school year. Our goal is to ensure that incoming kindergarteners have a positive first time school experience and to prepare them for the world of education. If you would like to, here are some simple everyday things that you can do with your child to get him/ her ready for school!
- Teach your child his/her full name, telephone number and address.
- Read age-appropriate books about school and talk about your own experiences.
- Begin any necessary changes in bedtime or mealtime a month ahead so routines are well-established prior to the first day of school. Early bedtime and a healthy breakfast before school is very important for kids to feel their best all day long at school.
- Teach independence with self-help skills (ex: Is your child able to manipulate buttons and zippers easily?).
- Promote sharing and cooperation with siblings and friends. Learning to be a friend is an important skill.
- Remember that children learn different skills at different rates. Each child's greatest asset for school is self confidence and a feeling of belonging.
Again, we are happy to welcome you to our community and are looking forward to working with our students and parents for a successful 2016-2017 school year.